The Eiffel Tower



The Story
This was my third time in Paris... After the leaving Notre Dame we've walked to the Louvre and finally to the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower was my main goal in this photo trip. After the great result in shooting "Cristo Rei" (see the King of Darkness photo story) I was looking forward to get a similar shot with one of the greatest monuments in history.
The distance between the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower is quite a bit but as we wanted to get the most of our short stay in Paris, we decided to leave the public transports and walk across the streets. Maybe I would have some other photo opportunities this way.
When we arrived at the Eiffel Tower, I started to try some different angles and I quickly discovered that the tower is too big, even for my 10-20, to fit in one photo. At least the way I had imagined it. I took several photos from below, from the street between the tower and Trocadero, and even from across the bridge over the Seine that connects this two places. I didn't went to the Champs de Mars because the sun was setting in Trocadero so I would be with the sun in front of the camera (one tip: light is everything, don't try to take photos against the light if the objective is to capture, not the sunset itself, but what's between it and the camera).
With this limitation on mind, I explored the most I could and took about 20 photos of the tower. It was time to return home and rest for the next morning baptism.

Equipment / Technical Info
Nikon D80
Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC

1/125 second
F/5.0
10 mm
100

Original Photo


Post Processing
As happened with Notre Dame de Paris photo, this one was left in the archive until that standby night almost a year after.
This one was in the queue that night and had exactly the same post processing as the previous. I've only imported it into Lightroom and copied the Notre Dame settings into this one. In CS4, the post processing was also the same.
If interested, please check the Notre Dame de Paris photo story.

Final Photo


Link to image
http://jpgmn.deviantart.com/art/The-Eiffel-Tower-114689127

0 comentários:

 
Design by BloggerThemes