1889



The Story
This was my third time in Paris (check this story to get more details). The Eiffel Tower was my main goal in this photo trip. After the great result in shooting "Cristo Rei" (see the King of Darkness photo story) I was looking forward to get a similar shot with one of the greatest monuments in history.
When we arrived at the Eiffel Tower, I started to try some different angles and I quickly discovered that the tower is too big, even for my 10-20, to fit in one photo. At least the way I had imagined it. I took several photos from below, from the street between the tower and Trocadero, and even from across the bridge over the Seine that connects this two places. It was from this last place that I took this photo. My idea was to capture the lines in the pavement, guiding the eyes to the tower which was backed by a great sky.

Equipment / Technical Info
Nikon D80
Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC

1/50 second
F/7.1
10 mm
100

Original Photo


Post Processing
This photo was my first choice from the Paris trip. My original intention was to apply the same treatment as in King of Darkness. After a couple tries I concluded that it wasn't the best treatment for this photo (tip: each photo is one of a kind, rarely you can apply the same exact treatment to two different photos).
So I just added some Contrast and Vignetting in Lightroom and moved on to CS3.
In CS3 I used the Virtual Photographer plug-in (you can find it here: http://www.optikvervelabs.com) with the setting "Sepia" but changed the Effect to "Colorize". I liked this effect because it gave an old look to the photo (hence the title: 1889 - the year of the completion of the monument). After the plug-in, I increased the Brightness, Contrast and Vignetting, applied Auto Tone and Auto Contrast, and added some Shadows/Highlights to reduce some of the highlights (I didn't touched the shadows part).
And that was it.

Final Photo


Link to image
http://jpgmn.deviantart.com/art/1889-89435942

0 comentários:

 
Design by BloggerThemes